Maps

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Maps
country living may 2011 via bright bazaar
 
I've always had a bit of an infatuation with maps. You know, the old, antique maps from when cartography was an actual art, not just a means of figuring out how to get somewhere. This Etsy shop has a pretty sweet collection of old maps. I love the idea of hanging maps as decorations.
Maps
Maps

12 comments on "Maps"

Cary Herry on April 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM said...

http://domainsyahoo786.blogspot.com/

Cary Herry on April 11, 2012 at 6:12 AM said...

http://domainsyahoo786.blogspot.com/

LE▲ on April 11, 2012 at 6:23 AM said...

coole coole bilder, schick ;)


'xoxo

ana {bluebirdkisses} on April 11, 2012 at 6:36 AM said...

when we move next spring and we transition my son into a big boy room, I am making a whole map wall! i love maps

Roselie on April 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM said...

I love old maps too! I didn't know cartography was an actual art until now... Most of all, I love the detailed ones with drawings of mermaids and sea monsters...

Mandy on April 11, 2012 at 2:13 PM said...

So gorgeous! I love how maps are a practical work of art!

Taelin on April 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM said...

<3!! I swear I was just talking to my beau about getting a map that covers our office space earlier! Then you can pinpoint the places you've been to and always inspired to travel on the go :) Thanks for sharing! xx

Taelin

Bijuterii on April 12, 2012 at 3:36 AM said...

Maps give a vintage look to a room. I like that.

Vasare Nar on April 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM said...

great idea!i need some maps for my wall :)

Yana on April 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM said...

I have looked after maps for a long time! Thank you for sharing!

Brandi on April 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM said...

I love maps too! They are so pretty to decorate with.

tea with lucy on April 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM said...

Not sure how i stumbled here but every post seems to be hitting a sweet spot with me!

We're a house of map mad people. . . what you get when a geographer and a town planner unite!

Just returned from our first visit to hawaii and so in love with the place and the people.

off to explore more of your place.

rachel

Followers

Bloglovin'

Follow The Drifter and the Gypsy

My shop:

The Drifter and the Gypsy Ad Banner

Tick . . .Tock . . .

..............................

Lovelies Winner 2010 Web Excellency Awards
Site Meter

[ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ] Copyright © 2008-2011 All Rights Reserved. Original Template, Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates/Modified by [ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ]. Header Photo Credit: Barbara Vidal