LA, by Polaroid

Tuesday, November 8, 2011
After I mentioned I've been playing around with my new (and first!) Polaroid camera, a few of you asked that I post my Polaroid pictures. So here they are! I've got to hand it to people who use Polaroid cameras all the time... it ain't as easy as it looks. I can't tell you how many times I forgot to shield the Polaroid from light or didn't hold the camera still enough or dropped the photo and almost stepped on it. But what's sharing if you don't share the mess ups too? ;)
LA, by Polaroid
The view from the hotel room
LA, by Polaroid
Mercedes in her studio
LA, by Polaroid
Little Tokyo
LA, by Polaroid
A very blurry hotel room
LA, by Polaroid
A somewhat less blurry hotel room (you can see the light from the window shining through over the bed)
LA, by Polaroid
Me, by my dad
LA, by Polaroid
The Huntington Library

Three rolls in and I'm already hooked. There's a certain quality that Polaroid images possess; they make everything look magical.

*shot with a polaroid sx-70 and px 100 silver shade impossible film

18 comments on "LA, by Polaroid"

Sara Reverberi on November 8, 2011 at 1:57 AM said...

True, I love polaroid because even when the quality is poor and maybe blurry, the photo keeps something magical. No mistake with polaroid.

miss peligro on November 8, 2011 at 2:04 AM said...

loveeeee!!!! i love old cameras and polaroids, and everything thats is not a digital camera and ruins the poetry in pictures... however, your blog is awesome! i havent been reading for a long time, but i need to say that is always cool to get to know interesting online sources.
very creative and very nice! enjoy your tuesday!
http://misspeligro.blogspot.com/

Enyou on November 8, 2011 at 3:31 AM said...

Can I ask you which film did you shoot with? They're so blue, but it's a kinda cool effect... was the weather really cold?

Carys on November 8, 2011 at 4:05 AM said...

These are so beautiful, and have such a magical feel to them! I love the blue/green tint!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

The Drifter and the Gypsy on November 8, 2011 at 7:08 AM said...

@Enyou: I shot with the px 100 silver shade film... could be why they are so blue. The weather was warm though!

Diana on November 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM said...

Is this Polaroid film or Impossible film? Either brand is beautiful, but if it's Impossible film, please give credit, they worked so hard to branch out from the Polaroid association.

They look like a fond memory, beautiful!

The Drifter and the Gypsy on November 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM said...

@Diana: Thank you! It's Impossible film; there's a link to the website at the bottom of the post :)

ana {bluebirdkisses} on November 8, 2011 at 7:56 AM said...

I love the look and feel of these photos! so vintage and gorgeous.

Emma Luna on November 8, 2011 at 8:16 AM said...

These are lovely! x

Hilla Hryniszyn on November 8, 2011 at 9:07 AM said...

i forgot how gorgeous pictures are thanx to polaroid or vintage camer, have to get one, i miss taking pictures
come and visit my blog and tell me if you like it :) thanx inveiglefair.blogspot.com

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** on November 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM said...

This reminds me I still need to get some film and a battery for mine that I found in an antique mall. I wonder if mine even works! :) xo

Marcia on November 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM said...

I agree with you! Polaroid adds this special tint to photographs that make it very nostalgic and old. I love the third one, the one of Little Tokyo. Something about the perspective just pulls me in. Egh, I really need to save up for a Polaroid camera!

www.style-abuse.blogspot.com

Katie on November 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM said...

These are absolutely stunning. Inspires me to start saving (finally) for a polaroid camera x

Unknown on November 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM said...

Love your pics micaela. they have such a great aura of mysterious-ness about them :) I love how they look old-fashioned. maybe you can photograph our future macarons with it?

Charlotte Drene on November 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM said...

God, these photos are beautiful. Amazing colour.

hannah on November 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM said...

These are very beautiful - the colour is simply stunning. I haven't been to L.A. since I was tiny, this makes me want to go again so badly!

It also makes me pine after a Polaroid camera, despite my 5DII!

The Drifter and the Gypsy on November 9, 2011 at 7:54 AM said...

@hannah: Thank you! I would love a 5dmkii :) You should get a Polaroid camera!

Alan Cook on November 12, 2011 at 9:52 AM said...

This is real photography... None of that editing you do with digital. Spot on.

Followers

Bloglovin'

Follow The Drifter and the Gypsy

My shop:

The Drifter and the Gypsy Ad Banner

Tick . . .Tock . . .

..............................

Lovelies Winner 2010 Web Excellency Awards
Site Meter

[ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ] Copyright © 2008-2011 All Rights Reserved. Original Template, Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates/Modified by [ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ]. Header Photo Credit: Barbara Vidal