Head scarves, je t'aime

Thursday, June 30, 2011
Head scarves, je t'aime
(the fashion spot)
Head scarves, je t'aime
(twitch vintage)
Head scarves, je t'aime
(variacje)
Head scarves, je t'aime
(keiko lynn)
Head scarves, je t'aime
(toast)

I think I've worn a head scarf (or turban if you will... not quite sure of the difference) approximately... once in my life. I honestly don't know why. They can make any updo (or any hairstyle, really) look so effortlessly chic (and there are so many variations) PLUS they keep the hair out of your face too. I want need to do this sometime soon to my hair. Do you wear head scarves in your hair?

23 comments on "Head scarves, je t'aime"

Ash on June 30, 2011 at 7:48 AM said...

That red on red at the top is great!!

~ The Tuckerbag ~

Josie on June 30, 2011 at 7:50 AM said...

I just can't pull off this look. Pity because it looks awesome.

the notebook doodles on June 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM said...

aaah it looks so good. but i don't know if it'll suit me. worth a try though :p

María Rubio on June 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM said...

great photos!! ♥♥♥

Shelby on June 30, 2011 at 8:39 AM said...

I have a lovely red bandana that I use as a head scarf and it always looks wonderful!

Jessica on June 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM said...

omgoodness!! Give me that red one!!

Sasha on June 30, 2011 at 9:10 AM said...

I haven't but I now have the urge to try-these are just too beautiful and chic.

curious constellation on June 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM said...

I don't wear headscarfs at the moment but I definitely need to start.

Libby on June 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM said...

I wear these to school all the time, they really make my uniform a bit more interesting! I think for a headscarf, it's tied at the nape of your neck, whereas a turban is twisted round twice and tied at the top of your head? There's a good tutorial at Say Yes To Hoboken, and also on Youtube if you need some inspiration!

The World Tour on June 30, 2011 at 11:40 AM said...

It's an elegant way of keeping the hair together. Would just need to cut bangs to make it even more perfected.

xoxo

T from THE WORLD TOUR
A couple of lovers sailing around the world.
http://sailingaroundtheglobe.blogspot.com

Sirens and Bells on June 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM said...

I never wear headscarves because I can never get them to look right, but I absolutely love them
Sirens and Bells xx

Melisande on June 30, 2011 at 12:05 PM said...

i've never worn these before but now i want to! it dresses up a plain outfit and looks very unique and retro.

Pushemek on June 30, 2011 at 2:04 PM said...

First photo rules!
XO from LittleBlackOrchids

Kacie on July 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM said...

Must start wearing head scarves! Gorgeous!

Kacie
http://www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/

vintageveggie on July 1, 2011 at 5:15 PM said...

oh yes yes yes. i always want to wear them and i have so many but i never know how to do it quite right. these give me some definite pointers.

Halle on July 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM said...

I love wearing headscarves! My hair is in an awkward growing-out phase and the scarf disguises that, which I love. These photos are beautiful - especially like the first one.

brynn said...

I love ALL of these head scarves! Such a cute (and easy!) way to do something a little different. I loooove the 4th photo, the scarf and the sunglasses, amazing.

Simply Mel {Reverie} on July 5, 2011 at 3:48 PM said...

like you, I need to try this more often...so tres chic!

Anonymous said...

Cool tutorial I've found and planning to do asap :D http://www.hairromance.com/2011/02/how-to-wear-headscarf-like-blake-lively.html

Chuck on July 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM said...

I can never make them look even passably good on me. Don't know how everyone else manages to look so effortless!

headscarf lover on July 13, 2011 at 8:06 AM said...

I ♥ your blog, specially the header photo.
I think it's awesome and sexy.

Constance on August 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM said...

I really like your blog!! I'm putting it in my list of my favorite blog from now on! :)

http://www.afrenchinlosangeles.com/

Burn That Dress on March 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM said...

Great inspiration!

Followers

Bloglovin'

Follow The Drifter and the Gypsy

My shop:

The Drifter and the Gypsy Ad Banner

Tick . . .Tock . . .

..............................

Lovelies Winner 2010 Web Excellency Awards
Site Meter

[ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ] Copyright © 2008-2011 All Rights Reserved. Original Template, Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates/Modified by [ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ]. Header Photo Credit: Barbara Vidal