GUEST POST: One dress, four ways

Friday, December 3, 2010
Hi there! My name is Rockie Nolan (you can find me at my website and blog) and today I've been given the honor of blog-sitting for Micaela! I actually had the chance to meet up with her just this past Wednesday and again today, since we are both currently visiting NYC! We had a lovely afternoon roaming the rain-spattered streets with our cameras. I'm sure she will share some photographs from the day with you when she returns!

For now, I have a simple outfit restyling for you, one dress four ways:
One dress, four ways
vintage plaid tie dress (which appears in all photographs): thrifted, .99 cents
black studded blazer: thrifted, .85 cents
black classic dr martens: thrifted, $8
gold bow headband: thrifted, $1
black leggings: thrifted, $2

One dress, four ways
vintage little flower sweater: thrifted, $3
grey lace biker shorts: t.j. maxx, $9
blue suede lace-ups: thrifted, $1
grey thigh highs: target, $12

One dress, four ways
cream puff-sleeved cardigan: thrifted (originally from target), $5
sparkly cream socks: u.o sale box, $6
white lace-up flats: thrifted, $2

One dress, four ways
vintage grey coat: small vintage shop in pennsylvania, $10
blue suede lace-ups: thrifted, $1
grey tights: u.o. sale box, $6

I took these in front of my little stoop in Queens where I am staying until the 19th of this month. Now that I have a tripod to work with again, I expect I'll have lots of little daily shots here before I leave.

Thanks for allowing me to guest post here, Micaela!

xoxo,
Rockie

25 comments on "GUEST POST: One dress, four ways"

masqueradesandcarousels on December 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM said...

Wow they all look amazing, as well as Rockie!
http://masqueradesandcarousels.blogspot.com/

UFO tofu on December 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM said...

gaahhhh what magical thrift store did you find these things???

Kellie W. on December 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM said...

I love how you created so many looks with just one dress! My favorite is probably the second look, so cute!

Michal on December 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous & cost practically nothing! Super inspiring. :D

purple-elephantss on December 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM said...

yay! i'm glad you're starting to blog again :)

curious constellation on December 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM said...

Rockie, your photos are always amazing! So happy to see you over here on Micaela's blog (:

Sophie Isobel Designs on December 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM said...

Amazing! You are a thrift store queen!
Sophie x

Hannah Percyowl on December 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM said...

I loooooove that little flower jumper!
And the last oufit entirely in grey is divine. I'm loving the dress naturally. I've been admiring tartan lately, so this is great. I'm totally checking out your blog :D

kat on December 4, 2010 at 6:08 AM said...

Hi Rockie,
I remember seeing your photos at flickr and love your styling of thrift finds. Great to see you at Micaela's place, how neat that you got to meet up too!
Kat x

Alli (One Pearl Button) on December 4, 2010 at 6:50 AM said...

Fabulous looks - I love how much the feel of the dress changes with each one!

Kathleen Rhea G. on December 4, 2010 at 11:11 AM said...

Lovely re-styling! & Glad to hear you got a new tripod :)

xo Kat

blue eyed night owl on December 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM said...

So great to have a piece that you can wear in so many styles with so many different things.

Love the grey outfit!

Monique on December 4, 2010 at 2:54 PM said...

This dress is so festive! Enjoy your time in NYC. I was born and raised in Queens. If your a fan of Thai food check out Sripraphai. Also, head to Loveday. It's a lovely vintage shop.

Shannon on December 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM said...

Wow all of the syles look so amazing! great job Rockie.

Shannon

Sydney on December 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM said...

That's a cute little dress you have there, not to mention all the cute thrifted pieces you have to go with it!

Jack Alindahao on December 4, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

Amazing! cheap finds! :)

Paper Crane on December 4, 2010 at 10:11 PM said...

these are all great! I adore the third one. At what amazing mythical thrift store do you find things so inexpensive?!

the-caramel-lady on December 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

Amazing blog! I like it :)

Bridget on December 6, 2010 at 10:15 AM said...

reallllll cute.

Fashion Forestry on December 6, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

beautiful! love it!

Isabella Kiss on December 8, 2010 at 8:36 AM said...

where are these thrift shops that you an get a dress for 99 cents!? That is just aweeeesome! Adn you made it look so adorable.

CINCHED AT THE WAIST on December 10, 2010 at 5:22 AM said...

that plaid dress is amazing! love all the different ways to wear it

charlotteauzou on December 11, 2010 at 7:06 AM said...

The last way is my favorite !

Pearl on December 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM said...

Oh I love that.!
Great combinations!!


Pearl

Funmilayo I. on November 25, 2011 at 8:32 PM said...

I love that you got most of your clothing items from the thrift store :)!

Followers

Bloglovin'

Follow The Drifter and the Gypsy

My shop:

The Drifter and the Gypsy Ad Banner

Tick . . .Tock . . .

..............................

Lovelies Winner 2010 Web Excellency Awards
Site Meter

[ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ] Copyright © 2008-2011 All Rights Reserved. Original Template, Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates/Modified by [ THE DRIFTER and the GYPSY ]. Header Photo Credit: Barbara Vidal